Wednesday, July 13, 2016

I Discovered A New Library And I Bought Some New Books | Mini Haul





Hello there!

Just yesterday I made the decision to never EVER buy books again until I finish the ones I already have (A great number of unread books, the one we're talking about) and I was confident I will stick to that decision. However, today I went shopping for clothes and I saw books on my way and, well, all hell broke loose.

I ended up buying 3 books, one in English, two in Arabic (yup, reading arabic now. Don't just sit there watching silently, applaude!). Don't judge me, I am one bookworm with a weakness for new shiny books. I could've spent all my money on books but I didn't. See? I have some self control.

Anyway, the first library I went to was Al-Kitab library and trust me, it's a miracle I didn't buy everything they had. The new books they have are amazing, but that's something to discuss some other day. I managed to only buy Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. I've been hearing about this book ever since I started watching booktube. I remember the booktubers who recommended it saying it was a light and entertaining read. I think it's a sci-fi about video games coming to life or an alien invasion accuring, and gamers being the only hope to save humanity. That's what I remember about it anyway, I could be wrong.

But what I'm really excited about is the other library I went to. It's called "librairie cendrillon" in Nahj Eddebeghin. There are no books in English there, but there are ones in French and A LOT in Arabic in really good prices. I saw Ahlam Mosteghanemi's books in other libraries for 24, 26 dinars. A lot of her books and other books are much much cheaper, from 15 to 20 dinars. What I also loved about this place is that all the books come wrapped in plastic so that the edges and the pages wouldn't be harmed. A round of applause for the people who work there.

I don't think there's much more to say, low prices, good quality, I found all the books that you guys recommended to me when I asked for Arabic books recommendations... This can't get any better. Well it actually could, if there were book in English, but let's not be greedy. I ended up buying في ديسمبر تنتهي كل الأحلام by أثير عبدالله النشمي and غربة الياسمين by خولة حمدى. 

I'm reading books in arabic you guys! I'm making myself proud. 











PS apparently there have some new arrivals andspecial offers. Check out their FACEBOOK PAGE for details.
PPS They also deliver. Go nuts.


Ready player one: 26 Dinars
غربة الياسمين 19 دينار
 في ديسمبر تنتهي كل الأحلام 15 دينار




4 comments:

  1. You have to read "Dhakirat al jassad" by Ahlem Mosteghanemi, I enjoyed it, writing style yesser mahleh.. anyway, I am in the same situation of u, I didn't buy books, until yesturday (I couldn't resist :p)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have my eyes on it déjà, hopefully nkamel na9ra hethomka w nechrih :D What did you buy though? I'm curious.

      Delete
    2. I bought في قلبي أنثى عبرية by Khaoula Hamdi (there's a meeting on 22 July with the author in Maktabt tunis f nahj angleterre), the three first books in the Percy Jackson series and fifty shades of Grey

      Delete
  2. hello ! elly ybi3Ou el ktob lo9dom fil dabaghine aandhom haja behya ?

    ReplyDelete