Friday, January 2, 2015

Top 14 books of 2014 and the books I regretted reading

Over 2014, I read a total of 48 books. I know it's not a big number, I got addicted to reading by May so I lost five months during which I hardly read any book at all. But anyway, today I'm sharing with you guys my top 14 books of 2014 AND the books I regret reading during this year. These books are not in any particular order. Here we go! 

1- Unwind series by Neal Shusterman


It's a dystopian series of four books (the last one just came out so I haven't read it yet but the first three books were AMAZING) about a society that allows parents to send their kids to "unwind" them which means literally dividing them, conserving their parts for later use. I talked about the series more in My Top 5 Dystopian Series Book Recommendations so check that out if you want to know a bit more about it. 

2- The Caster Chronicles series by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl 


This is also a series of four books It's about a boy who falls in love with a powerful caster (aka a witch) The writing style is good and the story is captivating There are some boring parts but the series as a whole is amazing. 

3- Divergent By Veronica Roth


If you haven't read Divergent series, what are you waiting for? Seriously, it's freaking fantastic. 

4- Shatter me By Tahereh Mafi


This a trilogy that keeps getting better. The character development is really good, there's a plot twist that is literally mind blowing, and the writing style is one of the best I've ever read. I also talked about this series in  My Top 5 Dystopian Series Book Recommendations.

5- Percy Jackson and the Olympians series by Rick Riordan


I've been meaning to read this series for a long time and God it was so good. It's about this kid Percy who is the son of the god of the sea, Poseidon. The series is action-packed, funny and cute at times. 
(It's a series of five books by the way) 

6- Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead


I actually wrote a review about the first book in the series which you can read HERE

7- The fault in our stars by John Green


I think everyone have read TFIOS by now, or at least watched the movie. It was the first book I read last year and well, I loved it. 

8- Panic by Lauren Oliver 


This book is about the seniors of a high school playing a series of games (that are extremely dangerous and illegal) called Panic, simply because their town is in the middle in nowhere and they have nothing better to do. The winner wins an enormous amount of money collected from the high school students over the school year. 

9- Before I fall by Lauren Oliver 


I wrote a review about this book that you can read HERE.

10- Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell


Three words: Cute, interesting and lovable. Check the review HERE.

11- Love, Rosie by Cecilia Ahern 


This was my favorite summer read. I haven't heard of the book until I watched the trailer of its movie adaptation. I picked it up, read it and loved it. It's about two best friends, Rosie and Alex, and their journey in life. Souha made a review that you can check HERE. But seriously guys, you have to read it. 

12- Life as we knew it by Susan Beth Pfeffer


Again, I wrote a review about this one. Check it HERE.

13- Attachments by Rainbow Rowell


Check the review HERE.

14- 172 hours on the moon by Johan Harstad


I literally just finished this one. It was scary. Like, I-couldn't-sleep-last-night-with-the-door-closed scary. It's about NASA sending a group of teenagers with a team of astronauts to the moon for the first time in 40 years where they wish they never left earth. The book was kind of slow at first and I couldn't connect to the characters that much, but still, it was so good. 


And now, the worst books I've read in 2014. I'm sorry if these books are ones you love, but honestly, I hated them. Sorry, not sorry. 

1- More than this by Patrick Ness


The story was interesting at first, then it got all over the place. Random characters, boring parts, the story then was all over the place and nothing made sense. The ending was blurry and I didn't know what to think of it. I just hated it. 

2- Me, Earl and the dying girl by Jesse Andrews


I hated this one way more than the previous book. There's no story. I hated the characters. The writing style was awful. I felt like a five year old wrote that book. I hate saying these words about a book but man, I was so pissed off I wasted three days reading it. It so wasn't worth it. 


What were your favorite books during 2014? What books did you hate? Let me know in the comment. 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment