Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Book review #7 Vampire Academy (book one) By Richelle Mead (Spoiler Free)





Hello bookaholics!

So, Vampire Academy By Richelle Mead.

Before we start this review, I have to confess something.
I tried to read this first book last summer. However, I found it difficult to lose myself in the world and connect to the characters. I didn't like the fact that you only get to know what a "dhampire" is after fifty pages. So I stopped reading it and moved on to something else.

But, my friend read the series and loved it so much so I decided to give it another shot. I read the first book and I enjoyed it a lot.

The story follows two best friends: Lissa, who is a mortal vampire (aka Moroi), and Rose, Lissa's best friend and her half-vampire bodyguard. She's is trying to protect her from the immortal vampires, the dark evil ones called "Strigoi", after escaping their academy (which is a high school for morois and dhampires). They also happen to share a bond that allows Rose to read Lissa's emotions.

The story is told from Rose's perspective which I loved. Rose is loud, reckless, sarcastic, strong, kick-butt... which is why I love her.
As the story goes on, the mystery behind Rose and Lissa's escape unfolds and we start to see more of Lissa's character.

All in all, the book was a bit confusing at first, but then it was funny, action-packed, romantic at bits... It was a fun read. I loved it and I can't wait to read the second book.

Out of five stars, I gave it four and a half.

You can find this book at Al Kitab library for 18.5 Dinars.

No comments:

Post a Comment